Monday, August 14, 2006

The Seconds Game: A Perfect 80

A Perfect 80

In striking contrast to BRFC I’s lacklustre performance the seconds team knows what it means to put on the black and red jersey. They played a conservative, tough, defensive game and still won 35-0 over a big overly confrontational Patriotic team.

The game started like many others the sun shining the firsts players whining while they asked if they had to play, without knowing it would be as close as they would come to sweet victory all day.

With a strong somewhat forward centric team we went to battle against tough opponents who had warmed up way hard. Since they were a strong bunch of young lads we played a slightly quick game keeping the ball alive and setting up long wide balls with a phase or two of tight conservative runs.

Our tough Kiwi fly-half would either put his centers through a half gap or make one himself. On secondary phases our full back slipped in seamlessly and played off of nine like they were sharing a brain which would explain comments from the ref accusing the scrum half of only having half a brain.

The back field was two thirds skill and one third heart as Chris “I’m not Gill’s cousin he’s mine, and if we were in jail he’d be my b!tch” Ross played through injury in order for his team to secure a victory. Although he promised the unnamed black scrum half that he would not go into contact he was fielding tough balls and crashing in the centers like there was something wrong with his head.

The highlight of the game would have to be our push over try on the five meter line. We were awarded the scrum because the team put heavy pressure on the opposition except for the unnamed black scrum half who was just antagonizing the other team by playing so aggressively. The eight forwards pushed in perfectly straight and eight man Jeff “Float like a butterfly and then punch ‘em in a ruck” Ayoub touched the ball down with grace reminiscent of Mohamed Ali.

The team didn’t let down after half at all and kept their composure better than their first team counter parts when the patriots began fighting.

The guys who went to battle as well as I can remember them:

1-Corky “Bubbles” Corketon

2- Ryan “the ambiguous squirrel paw” Wilds

3- Duncan “I think you just killed that guy! No, he’ll be fine” Stone

4- Unnamed Red Headed Second row

5- “Big” Mike the Treecutter

6- Mike ‘Hudson’ Crowle

7- JP “I celebrate after I score” Saker

8- Jeff “I take care of the brother man” Ayoub

9- Unnamed Black scrumhalf

10- Mike “Only me and chuck Norris can crash a ball win the ruck ourselves and hit ourselves blind side for a sweet run” Lomei

11- Chris “I got the heart and the natural resistance to venereal diseases while Gill got the rugby skilz” Ross

12- Paul “the other Axe” Mikesteve

13- Unnamed dimpled center

14- Unnamed “deflowering” winger

15- Unnamed suffering in silence Fullback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger