Hosquet Played Like Ten Men
On Saturday July 22nd 2006 controversy ruled. The only law on the field was what the strongest men decided. There was no legitimate authority to whom one could submit a plea for justice or protection. In troubled times though when hope is fleeting and fear pervades, good men become great ones while the common people hide. Among those great men that stepped up to protect what the BRFC jersey means, the greatest one of all was Darryl Hosquet and I’ll challenge any man who says otherwise.
While Vinnie bounced balls to Fil, Hosquet played like ten men.
While Warcup refused to pass the ball, Hosquet played like ten men.
While Cory manhandled guys from the other team, Hosquet and everyone else sort of watched and wondered if it was really happening.
And while Ovett touched when he should’ve tackled, Hosquet played like ten men.
We’re lucky he was there to stop tries and make open field tackles. I never knew a flanker could get around the field like that.
The game started as per usual, get into their end and kick a penalty. Forty yards without a tee and everyone loved Fil. Both teams worked hard but were slaves to fate and chance*. In the second half the Irish managed to score two unanswered tries and we had to battle back for our lives and for our pride. After all I did claim we are unbeatable with a lead.
After many penalties and hoping and trying, we almost scored a try which counted for five points because of the official we had. The only thing worse than an official who makes bad calls is an official who tries to make up for the calls on the next play.
For a personal insight into the game we have an interview with Darryl Hosquet who just celebrated his 29th birthday.
Ovett: Darryl that was an incredible game but before we get into it I just want to wish you a happy birthday, if I look like you when I’m 29 I’ll consider myself very lucky. Now you saved a try on your own and were all over the field how do you keep up the pace all game.
Hosquet: Thanks Ovett we should have a little celebration, why don’t you bring those lady friends of yours by the apartment and we’ll have a little party.
Ovett: Ya… so you almost stopped a second try and it looked like you might have gotten under him but that’s a hard call for an official to make twice in a game, how would you have called it.
Hosquet: That brunette is so cute, I have a great scotch and some awesome music that we could all lounge around to it’ll be nice “c’est tranquille, c’est tranquille.”
Ovett: Ya… you hit that big Aussie in the open field, I don’t know how you got there, let alone how you brought that guy down alone, care to comment.
Hosquet: Forget the music I have a guitar, and a tambourine and a shaker we could all have instruments and just jam, maybe I can find the brunette a flute or something.
Ovett: I’m sure you could, this interview is over.
1- Greg ‘Shrek’ Gallant
2- Ryan ‘Squirrel Paw’ Wilds
3- Ms. Christina Quinn
4- Cory ‘I wouldn’t mess with him if I had a gun, was in my car and doing 55km/h” White
5- JP ‘They Make ‘em Tough in 3rd World Countries” Saker
6- Chris ‘If I wasn’t on his team I wouldn’t Play’ McCunn
7- Darryl “I’ll find her a Flute’ Hosquet
8- Scott “He won’t pass but does play through injury” Warcup
9- Vince ‘King’ Nickson
10- Fil ‘They loved me, then hated me’ Dobrosielski
11- Damian “Why did you put the headband back on?”
12- Mr Mike Mr Antonekia
13- Tim “Interception, please don’t spike it, please don’t spike it, sweet”
14- Ovett “the funny tackler” Edwards
15- Paul “the funny talker”

2 Comments:
I heard Hosquet only played like 5 men on Wednesday...why the slacking?
I hear he actually got the brunette back to his place and she tired him out. Hosquet please refer to the article titled 'Holding Hands' in order to avoid this problem again.
Post a Comment
<< Home