BRFC Best the Wanderers
We began the game like every other playing a tough defence and trying to control the territory. This strategy proved fruitful to the tune of three points slotted through by our very own Scott Gill who played through injury.
At love all, we are a very hard team to play, with a three point lead we are close to unbeatable and we grinded our way to victory. We protected our lead by playing a chess match on a field against opponents who seemed as if they were playing a different sport. They did have some spurts and runs and close breaks it seemed but never a lead. The most frustrating partfor us repeatedly working our way to their 5m line just to be sent back for a penalty.
The forwards absolutely dominated the scrums. Although our backs would appreciate more ball nobody makes a pass they don’t need in rugby and when our ball is in our scrum we know we’re moving forward. On one scrum in particular it seemed as if their entire pack with the exception of their front row broke out and watched us walk the ball forward. We had a pack so strong that their pack just stood and watched as they lost 15 meters on a scrum. The only possible critique would be that we may be able to do better on their put ins and when their pack abandons a scrum the way they did we should be able to either score (although we were almost forty meters out) or at least be awarded a free kick or something, I’m not sure what the law calls for but please feel free to educate me.
Our backs tackled which is all that was asked of them and did so at great possible danger to themselves since a member of the triads on the other team seemed bent on trying to kill certain members of our team. Fil executed well at fly-half and Paul ‘Axe’
Line up:
1- Phillip “Bubbles” Corketon
2- Ryan “Squirrel Paw” Wilds
3- Jeff “Hates the Nickname Schoolboy”
4- Greg “Sticky Icky Shrek” Gallant
5- Cory “I wouldn’t mess with him if I had a gun and was in my Car” White
6- Mike “He ain’t handsome he’s from
7- Darrel “I hope I look that good when I’m 29” Hosket
8- Scott “expletive deleted” Warcup
9- Vince “No one better at 62” Nickson
10- Fil “I rock a toga like Julius Ceasar” Dobrosielski
11- Chris “Cousin Keith’s” Ross
12- Mike “All Dimple” Antonekia
13- Paul ‘Axe’
14- Ovett “ The Mad Vegetarian” Edwards
15- Scott “The Injured” Gill
Substitutes
16- Dave “Mr Beavis”
Sin Bin
Ovett Edwards- 10 minutes for losing a fight to a 70lb Asian winger

5 Comments:
So you decided to only touch on one of my plays this week. I liked that you picked the one you did.
So the last time I saw Ovett hugging an asian it had a funny story the next day. She was also small and slim, and the incredible thing is that now she dislikes him as much as that poor kid from Saturday!
Whatever, let's hear more from Rachel Lynn.
I can't really comment on in-jokes . . .whoa I guess I can!
I think my next entry will be "Everybody likes Rachel Lynn more than me including me"
Post a Comment
<< Home