Discovery Channel
I made a startling discovery last night. After years of making fun of people and questioning the path our civilization is taking I realized I’m just as bad as everyone else.
I enjoy reality television.
Sure I can hide it, disguise it as supporting Canadian television or justify it as watching a program that isn’t so popular that the girls are out of my league. But when it comes down to it I watch “Much VJ Search” because I like it and I won’t deny it anymore.
The host Ms whatever (who knows the names of Canadian stars anyways) is hot and carries herself well. The panel of four, of which three quarters are people I never heard of, take their job so seriously that I love it. I love thinking that these 6? Kids from all around
My favourite part of the show is near the end when the loudest member of the panel some rock guy from yester-year in his stage make up, tells these poor kids why they’ll never amount to anything. I’ve been watching this show for weeks and I still don’t know who this guy was.
Two other members of the panel are just as unheard of although the old dude with the blond hair is normal. Kardinal Offishall also adds sanity to the show which helps balance it out.
In the end nothing I could say about how bad this show is can compare to how bad it is that I still watch it. I regret this but after avoiding “Survivor” and steering clear of “American Idol,” for the most part, you can forgive this indulgence can’t you?

2 Comments:
Dearest single black rugby player,
I am writing concerning a previous post place on March 3rd. I didn’t want my comment to get swallowed up in the irrelevant banter so I’m posting it here.
I am not objecting to the fact that Hustle and flow may not have deserved its award. But you seem a little confused by the whole process. First of all it doesn’t matter if Crash was a better movie. That is debated in the best movie category. Howard’s acting is the one testing in the acting category so they honored him based on the performance not the role. I don’t think you can say that the academy over looks these movies when the academy went against popular opinion and gave Crash Best picture. Basically the most important award of the ceremony. And best screen play. Which as far as movies go...
So yes they did acknowledge Terrence Howard for Hustle and Flow which may encourage stereotypes. But a bunch of people wanted to tell a story, he chose to play a role and the academy thinks he played it well. So they honored him. And why shouldn’t they if he did it well. Everyone seems happy besides you .. and Jadakiss.
And yes, before Denzel won an Oscar for training day he did play the role of Malcolm x. which may or may not have been overlooked. But before that he won an Oscar for honorably defending his country in war in spite of being denied the rights of a white men. So maybe you and Jadakiss should do a little more research before making these accusations.
I’m not denying that the academy has never been racist or overlooked black actors before. I just don’t think this is your best angle to argue it on.
Ps Halle was once a little mulatto baby. Now i know Single black rugby player would never say that inter-race sex is a bad thing. But I’m just saying you shouldn’t be so shocked that she is with a white guy.
In fact I could take insult in Jadakiss’ song and say what is so degrading about a black person, or in this case even a mulatto person, being popped by a white guy? Why are you saying she brought herself down to play this role? It wasn’t so bad 40 years ago when her mother let a black guy do it.
Or maybe i should learn from your wise friend, and make sure nothing so degrading as interrace sex ever happens to me. thanks for the advice SBRP. That could have been a close call. but as another wise black singer once wrote, "Almost doesn't count"
Post a Comment
<< Home