Wednesday, August 30, 2006

TQ is Back and so is our Pack

The long awaited return of Tim Quinn finally came this week-end not a moment too soon for a struggling BRFC team. We were losing games, scrums and line-outs and maybe even faith but with the return of the central piece of our front five we are on a one game winning streak and looking good for our games to come against the Irish and Ormstown.

It’s hard to quantify what exactly Tim does for our team. When you think ‘Tim’ all the characteristics of a great hooker come to mind. He’s fast and loose and will throw it anywhere. But his true value is in the intangibles that he’s brings to our team. When we show up late and we don’t know where the cards are, TQ’s got ‘em. When one of the guys needs a ride home because he’ll die if he has to ride to Laval in a storm, TQ’s got ‘em. When it’s hot out and we played out hearts out and nobody wants to take the jerseys, TQ’s got ‘em. When your having a drink at the bar chatting up a girl and your nipple suddenly feels like it’s on fire, TQ’s got ‘em.

But after watching the game this week-end, it would be a tragedy to dwell on his past exploits. Against the pack that we’ve had the most trouble with all season he showed up and was our salvation. We could opt for a scrum with no fear and steal a few of their balls as well.

I could go on for hours about how he cleaned up messy ball on line-outs or was incredibly aware off rucks and mauls or how attractive his sister is but you guys want to hear from him and so do I.

Roger Dodger: So Tim that’s a great comeback game you made a real impact what happened in those line-outs?

TQ: Well thanks Roger it just feels good to be back, I was out a long time and I look forward to an even better game in two weeks.

Roger Dodger: I could see things about to turn scrappy out there you must have been frustrated when the opposite team kept catching all those passes you threw directly at them.

TQ: Things are always a little more intense against Parc-O but they are great guys who play great rugby, playing them is an honour and beating them is a privilege I hope we have a few more times.

Roger dodger: The thing I didn’t get was how come you kept tackling that guy you threw the ball to in the line-out. If you’re giving him the ball why not walk him into the try zone as well.

TQ: SAY LINE OUT AGAIN MOTHER FU*&3R. I DARE YOU! Say it, just say it one more time.

Roger Dodger: I believe this interview is over.


The men who beat the blues:

1- Greg ‘Shrek’ Gallant

2- Tim ‘of TQ is back fame’ Quinn

3- Jeff ‘Hates the nickname School Boy’ Lawrence

4- Corey ‘I thought he was going to kill TQ’ White

*- Chris ‘Everybody should just play like me’ McCunn

*- Darryl ‘I’m burning to go to burning man’ Hosquet

*- Scott ‘So we’re doing this on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays?’ Warcup

*- Dave ‘You guys are a lot nicer than Duncan says and Ovett doesn’t seem that useless’ Lawrence

9- Fil ‘I play better with one arm than most healthy guys’ Dobrosielski

10- Scott ‘ the burning has subsisted thank you for asking’ Gill

11- Tim ‘Swimming pool? More like supper cool’ Poole

12- Mike ‘I could hide a buffalo in my dimples’ Antonekkia

13- Tim ‘Pass it to Will’ Brown

14- Ovett ‘Like Corvette without the Muscle’ Edwards

15- Matt ‘This sushi tastes like Ovett’ Heron

16- Paul ‘Axe’ Walker to Fly-half

17- Dave ‘The Super Spaniard’ Torres

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the ...."If you're wondering the time and haven't a watch, TQ's got a Rolex with precision movement."

3:14 AM  
Blogger Ovett said...

i tried three times to get rolex into this write-up, we'll have to collaborate on the next one so i don't miss anything.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care what you guys all say, the next post on SBRP should NOT be called "Everybody Hates Ovett, Part 2."

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger