Beaconsfield Loses a Wet One 20-3
Saturday at
A friend once told me the story of a boy that was getting bullied at school. He was a tough boy but this bully was bigger and stronger and as the oldest sibling in his family he had no one to turn to but his father. So the boy told his father that at school he had a ‘friend’ that sometimes said things and went too far. The ‘friend’ knew what he was doing but the boy didn’t know how to deal with him because this bully was bigger. The father told his son that the next time this bully said something and the boy knew it was offside he, the son, should muster all his strength and punch this bully in the face as hard as he could. Now the father warned his son that he might have to catch a beating in return but from that moment on this bully would know that if he wanted to say something offside then he would get punched in the face.
Now I am definitely not trying to say anybody should have thrown a punch this week-end but I know I didn’t play well enough to force these guys to throw me a beating. I could have adapted better to the ball I was getting. And I could have worked our game plan harder. Now we still might have caught a beating but at least I could have finished the game knowing I did what I could, at least I wouldn’t have let them bully me into abandoning what we’ve spent a season building. Having said that, how about a fake interview with the only person not to make any mistakes on the field this week-end, our own, our president, Tim Quinn?
Roger Dodger: So Tim no missed tackles this week-end, no dropped balls, no penalties either what’s your secret?
Tim El Presidente: Ovett, I heard you sucked this week-end why won’t you play better?
Roger: It’s Roger, and I didn’t suck this week-end, BRFC just played a bad one.
Mr President: Are you sure, because I heard you sucked and your put-ins we’re horrible?
Roger: I’m the game reporter so I wasn’t playing, but as a spectator I saw the scrumhalf struggle early and then sort out his problem, and by sort out his problem I mean feed the ball directly to our second row.
Mr. President (who I’ll vote against once again): I’m just saying I heard you sucked and we lost the game and Jamal was saying if he had a little more ball he could have made up for you sucking.
Ovett : "No I didn't"
Chris Quinn (Tim's Brother): "Yes you did, and so did I and Torres really sucked asked Guillermo.
Tim: Jess

1 Comments:
i don't know who the joker is but i'll put a word verification on the comments, i swear i will.
Post a Comment
<< Home