The Girls' Last Game



So our ladies played the last game of the season and for many of them it may have been their last game for a few seasons. It is my sad duty to report that the best girls on the team who make up the majority of the skilled positions may all be retiring or at least taking a season or two off.
You may think you don’t know these girls but chances are if you have ever watched a girls game and said wow then you have seen them play. They play the skilled positions 2, 8, 9 & 10 and their loss will definitely will be a blow to the team.
As per their usual, they all played an excellent game on Saturday. Allison “the demon” #9 got to rucks like no one else and always found a way to conveniently be on the wrong side of a ruck or on the off side of a maul in order to win the ball for her team. Gill and I tried to get her on the men’s team at least to sub but our coach said since she hasn’t been to any practices it was out of the question.
Mare “El Presidente” #2 has got to be the most offensive minded hooker in the league. It starts in the defensive scrums that she often wins for her team and continues through to the long runs she makes every game. Watching her play one can only think to oneself that defence is for chumps although she does tackle very well.
Jessica “I’m responsible for the hotness” #10 reads a field better than any other fly-half in the league and executes. She is lucky to get lots of good ball from #9 and is fearless in dealing with the rarely messy ball. Time and time again I think to myself, if I could read a field like her then guys wouldn’t complain about the decisions I make, she’s awesome.
Congratualtions to all the ladies on their last game of the season. Those of you mentioned above will all be getting phone calls from me Friday nights starting next season.

4 Comments:
If retiring was all I had to do to get a phone call from the ever-studly Phat Fullback, I'd have stopped playing years ago.
Seems to me you've gotten more than a phone call from the studly Phat Fullback.
Crap - that was you? And here I was bragging all kinds about Roger Dodger ...
The difference is easy to tell because Roger Dodger is not nearly as generous a lover.
Post a Comment
<< Home