Beaconsfield Beats the Irish Twice in Less than 800 years, British Left Bewildered
Having a thousand spoons when all you need is a fork is not ironic I’m told. Irony is when the expected outcome is the opposite of the actual outcome in a poignant manner. Losing a tactically perfect game and winning a strategically weak game would be ironic if we didn’t give it our all last week. I was worried that the game last week might have taken the wind out of our sails but that does not seem to be the case at all. BRFC put itself in great position to make a strong and victorious cup run this year.
The First Half
The game was not all bad as some may have claimed. Scrumhalf was a weak link again this week but not so bad that we had to play Danny Mac, thank God. The forwards had a few of their trade mark long scrums and a trademark push over try as well as some good mauls.
The Second Half
Backs did their job by not losing the game. It was a wet day. Radio scored. Ovett died a little on the inside, it’s been six years since his last try.
I imagine watching this game was almost as nerve racking as watching the Parc-O game. But I know that I would rather watch my team sit on the try line and knock on the other team’s door than to actually score and have to leave their red zone and I know of an Argentinean coach who feels the same way.
The Third Half
Scott, Danny and Ovett entered a Texas Hold ‘em Poker tournament at the Irish Club House. We were hoping between the two games we took them for and the poker tournament we were about to win, prima noctes would naturally follow.
Unfortunately in poker just as in life and the TC showers I came up short. Out of the 19 players that began playing all three of us made it to the final table but got there a little short stacked. I was out first, fearing the next blind I went all in on pocket fives. Gill was out next chasing a straight I believe. But Danny our pride and joy, BRFC’s best bet took the bad beat to beat all bad beats. On American Airlines, small stacked and facing a giant Danny was all in before the flop and in great position against 9-3 suited. It hurts my heart to say that he was flushed out by the smack talking winger who, in his defense, was nothing but class after the game.
I would like to apologize to the girl from last week's photo for making that picture the wall-paper on my phone. I would understand if you didn't want to forgive me until I take it off my phone if you'll understand that I won't be taking it off my phone.

1 Comments:
Don't eat the cereal....eat the BOX!
That is what truly sums up our day in ste. Julie
Post a Comment
<< Home