Ormstown Takes us to Town
Ormstown beat us this week-end or rather we once again chose to not put our best foot forward in a huge game on Saturday.
The day was hot and we started a much better team then we did our last game, still not our best fifteen, but not a bad line up.
We were off to a good start, despite the best efforts of our best scrum-half to hand Ormstown the game three points at a time.
The game was clearly lost due to a sub par effort by the scrumhalf but there were other problems that did not help. Kicks for space did not always find touch and we weren’t putting enough pressure on the kick-returners. We did not manage to win enough of our line-outs. And we did not retain enough of our own ball. There were some highlights to the game. Third best play came from Dave “Yes Pat has a lil’ brother and he’s awesome” Kerton, he ran the ball down their throats like it had to be done and it paid off with big yards. Second best play came from Pat “Yes he’s a brother on the inside and he’s awesome” Kerton ran threw half the opposing team and intimidated the other half into getting out of the way for Beaconsfield’s only try of the day. Number one play of the game Tim “007 License to Thrill” Brown making a huge tackle on the opposing 13. A pause for a lesson in rugby vocabulary.
Armchair. Noun. 1. Comfortable seating found in the sunroom or on the back porch 2. tackle that instantly transforms a player at maximum velocity to an almost sitting position that looks remarkably like a human armchair usually due to Tim’s shoulder meeting the opposing players sternum.
And the fake interview:
Roger Dodger: DK the other guys won’t talk to me, do you mind doing the fake interview?
DK: Sure bud. They aren’t ignoring you though it’s all in your head, I don’t think you had a bad game.
RD: Thanks DK what about the fact that I lost us the game by costing us penalties, missing tackles and dropping balls?
DK: I feel like I let the team down too. There was more that I could’ve done offensively but there’s a difference between offensive mistakes and defensive ones.
RD: And I made both.
DK: Yes, I guess you did, I’m not sure I’d be able to look myself in the mirror if I were you. Come to think of it, between that dropped ball and that missed tackle that was fourteen points. That was an easy win if you weren’t on the field.
RD: Thanks DK I think that will be all
The news wasn’t all bad though. After telling our coach that I was willing to go the hari kari way if it might get us a chance to play the game again, he said maybe only threatening it would get us the re-match. That put me in a great mood along with the girl below who was sweet enough to help me out of my depression. I think she got the whole thing in her mouth! That's a great end to a bad day. I cropped myself out and added the sprinkles just to make sure I wouldn't be recognized.

1 Comments:
You forgot about the slow motion pass to the fly-half on the goal line....21 points
Post a Comment
<< Home