a flash from the past
When I was in kindergarten we used to spend what seemed like hours looking at flash cards. This one girl at the front used to get them all. I don’t think I shouted out one answer that whole year of half days.
I can still see the bright shiny red apple. I was a shy kid and it didn’t help that it was a French immersion class and I really didn’t speak any French until years later. It came to me the other day that I never really grew up.
What I mean is that my mother still seems to test me on fruits and doesn’t even bother testing me on vegetables.
“What’s this?” She’ll ask me walking down the aisle in a dark, dusty grocery store that sells things that Mr. IGA never heard of.
“I’m not sure, is it…” My mother gives me a look like I’m a child on the verge of learning something that I should already know.
“Smell it” she’ll say, we never smelled the flash cards, and yet my mother can’t understand how I would try to name it before smelling it.
I smile big because my nose assures me it’s guava and my smile assures my mother, or maybe reassures her.

2 Comments:
This is the lamest attempt to get laid that I've ever seen in my whole life. Trying to be all cute and innocent so the girls see your sensitive side. It's the oldest trick in the book... Remind the girls how cute and shy you are while informing them of how close you are to your mother. I just trew up in my own mouth and then swallowed it, and now I can't get rid of the taste. Ewwww. That's how much your desperation disgusts me.
if you've got a girlfriend already how come you e-mailed me and said you accidentally found this site by googling "naked hot chicks over forty"?
Post a Comment
<< Home