Winning
Realizing
When I was in Montreal my buddy was driving me around and we couldn’t remember the name of the song that was playing on the radio. He proceeded to take out his ‘i-phone’ which he is convinced can answer any question, and introduced me to an app I had never witnessed before. The first thought that came to my mind is that we are now living in the future.
I am reading a book that draws attention to how long it takes a generation to accept new ideas. The author brings up examples like astronomy and the rotation of the planets, calculus, or the theory of relativity. It seems it does not take as long anymore for ideas to become reality and I think that this, more than anything, makes me feel like I am living in the future but there are other things.
I remember my mentor asking me what I wanted to do next. I told him I wanted to train a group of people to excel in customer service. ‘And then what?’ he asked. I answered that after I prove that I can do that I want to be headhunted for my next position, that I wanted somebody who took notice to ask me to solve a problem that they have.
I feel once again like I’m living in the future, I feel like we’re there.
I feel as if I’ve been winning lately. My insight into the world and my progress in my career have lined up in the most interesting way because I am at my highest high and my lowest low at the same time. I feel as if while I am getting indicators that I am at the top of my game I’m also lacking something. I feel too much like the people that I meet all too often that aren’t living purposeful lives. I still feel that I am living a purposeful life but that in my career my goals are not clear.
When I was in Montreal my buddy was driving me around and we couldn’t remember the name of the song that was playing on the radio. He proceeded to take out his ‘i-phone’ which he is convinced can answer any question, and introduced me to an app I had never witnessed before. The first thought that came to my mind is that we are now living in the future.
I am reading a book that draws attention to how long it takes a generation to accept new ideas. The author brings up examples like astronomy and the rotation of the planets, calculus, or the theory of relativity. It seems it does not take as long anymore for ideas to become reality and I think that this, more than anything, makes me feel like I am living in the future but there are other things.
I remember my mentor asking me what I wanted to do next. I told him I wanted to train a group of people to excel in customer service. ‘And then what?’ he asked. I answered that after I prove that I can do that I want to be headhunted for my next position, that I wanted somebody who took notice to ask me to solve a problem that they have.
I feel once again like I’m living in the future, I feel like we’re there.
I feel as if I’ve been winning lately. My insight into the world and my progress in my career have lined up in the most interesting way because I am at my highest high and my lowest low at the same time. I feel as if while I am getting indicators that I am at the top of my game I’m also lacking something. I feel too much like the people that I meet all too often that aren’t living purposeful lives. I still feel that I am living a purposeful life but that in my career my goals are not clear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home