It's better for both of us if you're kidding
I wrote the following under the influence and now, sober, I've judged it appropriate:
I remember becoming old enough to not do anything wrong. I didn’t necessarily become good but I could pretty much justify my actions and rarely had to apologize. I don’t remember when I gave that up.
Right now I am drunk blogging. If you haven’t read “How to win friends and influence people” I suggest you do, it’s the best advice I ever got. It’s responsible for me getting a kick a$$ job that I loved and a sweet a$$ promotion that I deserved. The reason I bring it up is because a few times in the book Carnegie mentions Abraham Lincoln writing harsh letters to people that have wronged him and filing them away in a drawer never to be posted.
Last night I took a different lesson from Carnegie. The example was from a night out at dinner. Somebody misquotes an authour and Carnegie points out the mistake but his friend who also is aware of the mistake sides with the person who misquotes. Afterwards Carnegie is furious but his friend says all you would have done was anger and embarrass that poor man and made him seem a fool in front of his friends.
I passed up an opportunity to argue copyright ethics last night and I’m glad I did. The person who I didn’t contradict was supposed to have had a short temper and on top of that he later brought up interesting points that I was able to side with him on and that may never have come up if he was busy wrongly trying to defend an earlier position.
To be fair I still managed to offend the poor man to the point where he cursed that my next condom should break on me, but he may have been joking, I laughed…
I remember becoming old enough to not do anything wrong. I didn’t necessarily become good but I could pretty much justify my actions and rarely had to apologize. I don’t remember when I gave that up.
Right now I am drunk blogging. If you haven’t read “How to win friends and influence people” I suggest you do, it’s the best advice I ever got. It’s responsible for me getting a kick a$$ job that I loved and a sweet a$$ promotion that I deserved. The reason I bring it up is because a few times in the book Carnegie mentions Abraham Lincoln writing harsh letters to people that have wronged him and filing them away in a drawer never to be posted.
Last night I took a different lesson from Carnegie. The example was from a night out at dinner. Somebody misquotes an authour and Carnegie points out the mistake but his friend who also is aware of the mistake sides with the person who misquotes. Afterwards Carnegie is furious but his friend says all you would have done was anger and embarrass that poor man and made him seem a fool in front of his friends.
I passed up an opportunity to argue copyright ethics last night and I’m glad I did. The person who I didn’t contradict was supposed to have had a short temper and on top of that he later brought up interesting points that I was able to side with him on and that may never have come up if he was busy wrongly trying to defend an earlier position.
To be fair I still managed to offend the poor man to the point where he cursed that my next condom should break on me, but he may have been joking, I laughed…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home