Monday, February 01, 2010

Inspiration

I have been inspired before.
I’ve had teachers that have opened my mind. Coaches that have pushed me to set goals that I never thought possible. Colleagues that have a contagious passion for what they do. And friends, who have shown me so much generosity that I have known goodness.

A friend spoke to me today about a girl that he is in love with. Both of us have known love only once and I think we both resigned to carry our torches to our tombs. But he mentioned something that caught me. And while I have been inspired before, there has yet to be a girl that has inspired monogamy in me.
This is an especially important point to me recently. I have pretty much resigned myself to never truly be in love again. I guess more specifically I have given up on exclusive relationships and the only girl that I have ever loved, well let’s just say that an open relationship was not a viable option and that I am still recovering from her views on that thought.

While I have given up on exclusive relationships and probably on love, at least in its modern day incarnation, I do believe I may have taken one more step towards peace.
I no longer feel like managing relationships is work and my sex drive is higher than it’s ever been; something that an old guy told me when I was young and that I didn’t know to be true until recently.

So while I have been inspired in so many ways I still await the girl who will inspire me with monogamy, anxiously, dreadfully I wait for that girl. And if she never comes, well, everything is as it should be and who am I to tell the universe it’s wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger